Friday, August 17, 2012

Inspirational Silver Foxes...

Here are a few of my favorite, inspirational, Silver Foxes.  These ladies are beautiful, confident, talented, and loaded with style!  They are not "spring chickens" and they're not trying to be. But aren't they fabulous?  C

JENNIFER MORLA
American graphic designer and artist based in San Francisco, California

LINDA RODIN
Fashion Stylist, and creator of cult-beauty product Olio Lusso

MARY HEILMANN
American Artist, lives and works in New York, NY

IRIS APFEL
American businesswoman, interior designer, and style muse

TWYLA THARP
American dancer and choreographer, lives and works in NYC

3 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for posting these lovely ladies. I looked up the ones that don't say where they're from, and except for the first one, they're all from NYC.

    After reading thru the photographer's blog that takes lots of pics of elderly in NYC, I was worried that all the elderly folks in NYC wore lots and lots of bright prints, some mixing many different kinds of bright prints.

    And quite a few in his blog wear hats that almost look clownish. Then there's the odd colored hair - some odd colored hair looks nice, but IMO, only when it's not the same color all over, and especially on more mature women (who are likely wearing many different brightly colored prints as well!)

    Then there's the honking big glasses with super thick frames, some bright colors, some black black black.

    I wonder if NY photographers coerce these ladies into dressing like that: "Wear this, or I won't take your pic and put it in a magazine or blog!" But thankfully there's the few pics in his blog where the ladies look elegant and refined, so my "theory" isn't so great.

    So now you understand why I enjoyed seeing the other NYC ladies in your post. Keep posting pics of ladies we'd like to emulate please, thanks, and maybe less of the 2nd from the last kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous ~ I know...Iris is a little "out there" in her appearance, but I just love her adventurous spirit! There are so many great inspirations and role models for our generation. I'll keep posting photos and profiles as I find them. Thanks for your support and your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous ~ I know...Iris is a little "out there" in her appearance, but I just love her adventurous spirit! There are so many great inspirations and role models for our generation. I'll keep posting photos and profiles as I find them. Thanks for your support and your comments!

    ReplyDelete