Sunday, February 17, 2013

What I Would Wear On A Cruise

Recently, a friend asked me to do a post on cruise-wear. As a frequent traveler, I've learned through the years that it's easier to create a mini mix-and-match wardrobe than it is to pack a lot of different outfits that don't go with anything else.

My personal choices for a cruise wardrobe (see photos below) might seem a little boring to some, but I like the idea of black, white, and neutrals, with pops of color. These are the pieces I would take...some or all, depending on how long my trip was going to be. Also, some cruises might require more evening-wear.

Take at least one lightweight, long-sleeved shirt. I like the loose, white crinkle cotton one below. The sun can get pretty strong in the afternoon...protect your shoulders from getting sunburned. And take a hat.

My preference is to look cool and understated. I don't want to be the "obvious tourist." in Hawaiian shirts, sneakers, fanny-packs, and tee-shirts with witty sayings printed on them.

I tend to under-pack, because I don't like schlepping bags around, but luckily, summer clothes don't take up as much space as bulky winter things. If you like to wear more color, just remember to take colors that co-ordinate well with each other, to avoid packing up everything in your closet.

Don't forget your sunglasses, and your sunscreen! 
Bon Voyage!  C  

BLACK COTTON TANK TOP


BLACK COTTON/SPANDEX CAMI
WHITE COTTON TANK TOP
BLUE V-NECK TANK TOP
LOOSE COTTON/LINEN TANK TOP
LOOSE CRINKLED HANDKERCHIEF LINEN SHIRT
BLACK CAPRI PANTS
WHITE CROPPED JEANS
KHAKI ABOVE-THE-KNEE SHORTS
STONE/TAN CAPRI PANTS
LOOSE LINEN FLAT FRONT PANTS
COTTON  BATIK SARONG SKIRT/SWIMSUIT COVER-UP
BLACK GEOMETRIC SKIRT FOR EVENING
BLACK COTTON/SILK TANK DRESS FOR EVENING
BLACK TANK SWIMSUIT

BLACK ONE SHOULDER SWIMSUIT

BLACK RUCHED HALTER TIE SWIMSUIT
PASHMINA SHAWL
GOLD HOOP EARRINGS
SMALL GOLD BALL STUD EARRINNGS

GOLD CUFF BRACELET

GOLD AND AQUA BRACELET

MULTI-STRAND EXOTIC NECKLACE AND EXTRA WIDE CUFF BRACELET

SET OF COLORFUL BANGLE BRACELETS
GLADIATOR SANDALS - BLACK WITH GOLD STUDS

FLAT GOLD SANDALS

TAN WOVEN LEATHER SANDALS

NATURAL/BLACK STRIPED KEDS SLIP-ONS
BLACK WITH GOLD TRIM FLAT SANDALS
10 CORSO COMO CANVAS BAG

MOROCCAN STRAW BAG

MICHAEL KORS BERKLEY CLUTCH


A great straw hat!
Fabulous Little Black Dress!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, please tell me where the black and white maxi evening skirt is from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, please tell me where the black sandals with the gold studs are from?? gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
    leather men belt bag

    ReplyDelete